Postponed. New date in March 2021 to be announced soon!
Be in the room for Connecticut’s premier global event.
In its third year, The Diplomat will be bigger than ever. Still hosted within the stunning backdrop of the Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art, we look forward to celebrating Connecticut as an important global partner.
Join us on the red carpet to welcome diplomats from around the world to our state. Network, make exclusive business contacts, and meet a new global connection.
Consul General Mackie Holder, Barbadian Consulate General in New York
François M. de Visscher, Honorary Consul of Belgium in Connecticut
Consul General Francisco del Campo Lagos, Consulate General of Chile in New York
Consul General Huang Ping, Consul General of China in New York
Consul General Nicole Menzenbach, Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany
Honorary Consul Janet Danisman, Honorary Consul of the Federal Republic of Germany
Consul General Gandy Thomas, Consulate General of Haiti in New York
Honorary Consul Christopher Ball, Honorary Consul of Hungary in Connecticut
Consul General Sandeep Chakravorty, Consulate General of India in New York
Honorary Consul General Gregory Boyko, Honorary Consul General of Japan in Connecticut
Consul General Ayesha Ali, Consulate General of Pakistan in New York
Consul General José Eduardo González Mantilla, Consul General of Peru in Hartford
Honorary Consul Darek Barcikowski, Honorary Consul of Poland in Connecticut
Consul General Nasser Allenqawi, Consulate of the State of Qatar in New York
Honorary Consul Dana Bucin, Honorary Consul of Romania in Connecticut
Consul General Sergei Ovsiannikov, Consulate General of Russia in New York
Consul General Ceylan Özen Erişen, Consul General of Turkey in Boston
United Arab Emirates
Consul General Abdalla Shaheen, Consul General of the United Arab Emirates in New York
Vice Consul Joy Kinnear, Trade & Investment Officer at the Department for International Trade of the UK in Boston
H.E. Frederick Makamure Masiiwa Shava, Permanent Representative of Zimbabwe to the United Nations
*with additional guests as confirmed
1. Where is the best place to park for Diplomat Reception?
There are a few options for parking around the Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art.
(1) You may park on the street if you find a spot available.
(2) If you prefer to park in a garage, there are two options: The Front Street South parking garage (62 Front Street Crossing, Hartford, CT 06103), which has a flat rate of $5.00. The second option is the Front Street North garage (24 Front Street, Hartford, CT 06103)
(3) Last, if you plan to be dropped off at the Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art, you should be dropped off at the Avery Court Entrance (29 Atheneum Square North). Atheneum Square North will be available for event through-traffic only on the night of the event.
A map can be found here: Diplomat Reception Parking Map
2. What is the dress code for Diplomat Reception?
Business dress is required for this event.
3. What is a schedule for Diplomat Reception 2019?
The schedule is as follows:
5:45pm | Red carpet arrival of guests and dozens of diplomats from around the world
6:45pm | Words of Welcome
6:55pm | Back to mingling with diplomats from 20+ countries. Enjoy small plates and an open bar.
Sponsorship Opportunities Available
To discuss Sponsorship Opportunites, please contact CEO Megan Torrey at email@example.com