About this Event
Galvanize CT brings together an inspiring combination of local and national experts at the forefront of the fight for gender equity.
In the lead-up to the 2020 United State of Women Summit, USOW is convening communities across the country and equipping women with the tools they need to keep fighting for gender equity.
Join USOW, in partnership with the Connecticut Collective for Women and Girls and the Governor’s Council on Women and Girls, at Galvanize Connecticut in East Hartford, CT on Saturday, December 7th to learn about the work being done in Connecticut and across the country, as well as connect with local activists, community leaders, and Connecticuters looking to make a difference.
Our speakers include:
- Valerie Jarrett, Co-Chair of the United State of Women, Chair of the Board of When We All Vote, former Senior Advisor to President Obama, and author of Finding My Voice: My Journey to the West Wing and the Path Forward
- Susan Bysiewicz, Connecticut Lieutenant Governor and Chair, Governor’s Council on Women and Girls
- Tekisha Everette, Executive Director, Health Equity Solutions
- Patricia Russo, Executive Director, Women’s Campaign School at Yale
- Teresa Younger, President and CEO of Ms. Foundation
- Miriam Azeez, Youth Entrepreneur and Author of Soulful Sydney
- Cass Martineau, Women’s March and Windham NAACP
- Rebecca Kelly Golfman, Rebecca KellyG Facilitation
- Susan Lane, Lane Changers, LLC
The day begins with an engagement fair and local marketplace for attendees to network with local organizations and partners before transitioning to a high-energy mainstage session. The afternoon has attendees break into tracks to in-depth and skill-based trainings led by national experts on topics such as:
- Leadership powered by Courtney Seard
- Youth Leadership powered by Girls for Technology and Girl Scouts of Connecticut
- Entrepreneurship powered by O³
- Advocacy and Organizing
- Running for Office powered by VoteRunLead
- Advanced Manufacturing and Workforce Development powered by School of Business and Advanced Manufacturing, Goodwin College
Please note that when selecting your Galvanize ticket, you are also selecting your breakout track. Attendees will only be able to attend one training.
The cost to attend the Galvanize Program is $50. Scholarships are available and will be awarded on a rolling basis. Please click here to apply! If you are a student with a valid ID, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a student discount code.
Attendees will be responsible for their own housing and transportation.
Closed captioning and ASL interpretation are available upon request during event check-out. Service animals are welcome. Personal Care Attendants (PCAs) are also welcome at no additional charge. There will be wheelchair-accessible seating spaces throughout both the main stage speaker sessions and the breakout sessions. Larger chairs with no arms will be available to participants as well. There will be no flashing lights used in this event.
We will provide alternative material formats (including large font and electronic text files) – please request your format of choice in your registration.
The mainstage and breakout training spaces are ADA accessible. There is one wheelchair-accessible on the first floor and all-gender bathrooms will be available.
Please refrain from wearing colognes, perfumes or other scented or chemical products to the event. This helps ensure that attendees with chemical sensitivities are able to participate safely! Registered attendees will receive additional information about food in the weeks leading up to the event. Please list any dietary restrictions or required accommodations when registering.
Please reach out to email@example.com if you have any access questions or concerns, or any requests for specific accommodations. We are committed to making this an accessible event for all.
Questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.